When you attend an event at GEW Penn State, you engage with the best and brightest of the Penn State entrepreneurial community. You’ll have the opportunity to meet with like-minded members of the University community and special presenters who share your desire to innovate and make an impact.
Each day of GEW Penn State 2016 features these activities:
- Keynote Address — enjoy a daily opportunity to draw inspiration from the experience of accomplished entrepreneurs
- Master Class — get hands-on learning in these concentrated sessions taught by successful entrepreneurs
- Perspectives — engage in a dialogue about topics relevant in today’s entrepreneurs at these interactive panels hosted by business leaders and educators
- Competitions and Workshops — test yourself and your ideas against equally motivated entrepreneurs, while collaborating with students and faculty from other colleges or disciplines
- Network Nights — reflect on the activities of the day while mingling with other members of the State College entrepreneurial community
- Flavor Flights — sample the region’s finest cuisine, provided by local entrepreneurs, in a relaxed setting with other GEW participants
In addition, each day of GEW 2016 features the following themes:
- Sunday (11/13), Go, Freelance! — Explore the exciting options available to you when you work with a number of different organizations as a freelancer. It’s one of the best ways to grow your professional network and further develop your skills, while generating income for yourself.
- Monday (11/14), Social-preneurship — Leverage your entrepreneurial energy to drive the economic and social development of your community. Learn about opportunities for dedicated entrepreneurs to bolster education, health, human rights, the environment, and more.
- Tuesday (11/15), Intrapreneurship and Innovation — Learn how to dedicate your entrepreneurial spirit to become a catalyst for change in a large organization. You’ll discover how to bring together innovative processes, technology, and talent to tackle your organization’s most complex challenges.
- Wednesday (11/16), Entrepreneurial Women — Celebrate the success, and benefit from the experience of some of the area’s most inspiring entrepreneurial women. Learn how motivated women are driving change in education, technology, industry, and other areas.
- Thursday (11/17), Start-up Shake-up — Discover ways to boost your start-up to the next level. Whether you’re just getting started, or have time and experience on your side, you’ll enjoy guidance and anecdotes from established entrepreneurs who have successfully grown their start-ups in viable, profitable businesses.
Events will typically be held on the Avenue of Entrepreneurship, crossing through State College from the Paterno Library to South Allen Street, the home of Happy Valley LaunchBox and the New Leaf Initiative. Most events are free of charge, and students, faculty, staff, and members of the State College community are encouraged to attend. From time to time, invitation-only or limited-seating events may be held to accommodate a more intimate learning experience. Check out the schedule for more detailed event information.