GEW Penn State, one of the largest GEW events in the United States, operates independently of the Global Entrepreneurship Network, the worldwide organization that established GEW. The Penn State SBDC manages planning, organization, and execution of GEW Penn State. Like every other GEW initiative, we are responsible for creating our own events and managing our own organization.
GEW reaches millions of people through local, national and global events and activities – framed by key global themes that shine a spotlight on leading topics in entrepreneurship. The 2019 global themes are:
- Education I #GEWeducation
- GEW Education works to share resources, raise awareness and provide skills training to potential entrepreneurs around the world. This theme celebrates the tools and programs communities use to foster entrepreneurship.
- Ecosystem I #GEWecosystems
- GEW Ecosystems aims to inspire communities to collaborate, and share their networks and markets to help their rising startups thrive. This theme celebrates the shared challenges and triumphs of entrepreneurship communities and hubs around the world.
- Inclusion I #GEWinclusion
- GEW Inclusion will highlight the work startup champions are doing around the world to minimize barriers and obstacles for entrepreneurs by maximizing inclusion. This theme celebrates diversity in all forms, including women and youth in entrepreneurship.
- Policy I #GEWpolicy
- GEW policy will highlight the work of governments and policymakers to help entrepreneurs everywhere start and scale.
GEW Penn State partners with Invent Penn State to help further their mission of economic development, student career success, and job creation. We align ourselves with President Barron’s imperative to create unique opportunities for student engagement, building upon classroom learning with real-world interactions within and outside of the University community.
Start Something Here.
GEW is a collaboration between the University and local communities across the Commonwealth. GEW Penn State works closely with the Centre County and Commonwealth Campus communities to provide educational and experiential opportunities for professionals and participants interested in engaging with local businesses. In addition, all students, regardless of college affiliation or major, are invited to attend any GEW event that interests them.